Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Book Review -The Outsider

It's been a long time since I have done a book review. My reading has been slow. I am in the mood to read now, I don't know if it is colder weather or what, but I am interested! I hope to do more reviews soon. So Stay posted!

The Outsider by Ann Gabhart is a book set in Kentucky at a Shaker village. The main character was brought to the village after her mother decided to join the Shakers and it is all of the world that the young girl knows until a fire happens at the village and she meets a doctor. From that time on she begins to doubt her Shaker beliefs. This is a love story.
I really enjoyed this book. I seem to like to read about the Amish and this one fits right in there with learning about a different religion. It was interesting to see how the Shakers lived and their beliefs and struggles. This book reminded me of The Believers by Janice Holt Giles, which I also enjoyed!

No comments:

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: