Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

4 day weeks?!?

School is going to start back soon. I can't find the date that it starts back though. I looked on the county and school websites but I find nothing? I guess this would have been a good time to get the local newspaper. Anyways, I have heard rumors, which I think now are true that our school system is going to 4 day weeks. This is due to the rising gas prices. The kids will go 1 1/2 hours extra each of the four days. For me this is really not a big problem, as I am a stay at home mom, but if I was not, this would mean more money out of our budget to provide childcare for the day that the school system is "saving" money. A lot of schools around here seem to be going the 4 day week. As a former working mom, I see there side, but as a stay at home mom, I see this as time to spend with my ds doing different things for fun and learning. Hmmm. I am undecided on how I feel about it. Are any of your all's schools going to 4 day weeks?


1 comment:

Brittanie said...

Have you thought of homeschooling?

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: