Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday for Feb 25- March 2

I went grocery shopping today, so I have my menu ready for next week early. Last week we tried the Manwich Tater Tot Casserole and everyone liked it. I bought a big bag of frozen corn and Tater Tots so we are having again so I can use up my ingredients. This week we are trying a new recipe Sesame Chicken, see recipe below. All the other ones are family favorites. Here is my plan for this week:
  1. Manwich Tater Tot Casserole 6.5 points, salad
  2. Deep Dish Pizza Casserole- 6 points, salad
  3. Chicken Divan-4 points, rice
  4. Busy Day Chicken and Rice 3.5 points, green beans
  5. Chunky Tomato Soup-1 point with Thin Spaghetti, garlic toast, salad
  6. Mom's Cheese Pizza-4 points
  7. Sesame Chicken- see recipe below

Treats: I did not try these last time I had them on my plan so I plan to try them again.

Black Bean Brownies- 2 points each(these sound nasty, but everywhere I read, people love them! I think there is also a black bean fudge recipe, who knew you could do so much with black beans that was sweet and tasty?

Sesame Chicken
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Cooking Spray
4 (6-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
~
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds; cook for 2 minutes or until toasted; set aside.
2. Coat pan with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Combine sesame seeds, honey, soy sauce, and ginger; pour over chicken, and cook 1 minute or until chicken is done.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces chicken and 1 ½ teaspoons sauce.)
Per serving: Calories 233, Fat 2.9 grams, Fiber 0.2 grams.
WW Points 5
From Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 minute Cookbook page 58

Go here to see more plans.

1 comment:

Angi said...

I am anxious to hear your review of the brownies!
Congrats on meeting your first goal - WOO HOO!

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: