This past weekend, I had an experience that no parent should ever have to go through! My 3 year old son ate some of my medicine. You can see the full story here. So, now I am on a mission to spread the word to parents to keep their medicines in a lock box. We bought the one in the picture on the way home from the hospital, it cost $20. I really though it was going to cost more than that. We now keep all of our medicines in that lock box and it is also on a high shelf and we put a door safety handle on that door, the handle was also very reasonably priced. You can also see that pictured above. If you have young children in your house you should really think about a lock box for your medicines. The bottles they come in say child resistant, but believe me when I tell you a child, even a 3 year old can open them! I really do not want any parent to have to go through what I did, so I am passing this word onto other parents. Also, my children go to their grandparents quite often and they have a ton more medicines than we do and I always see them laying around. So, grandparent this idea is also for you!
For more great WFMW post see Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.