Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, December 22, 2006

Freezer Apple Pie








Well, some of you know I got 2 bushels of apples given to me. The first thing that came to my mind was a recipe that a friend gave me several years back called Freezer Apple Pie. She would make a whole bunch at the holidays and give them away as gifts or use when she had to bring something to holiday parties because it was quick and easy! It really was quick and easy. I made six last night and tommorrow I am going to make six more and then my apples will be gone.

Freezer Apple Pie

4 cups sliced apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 (9 inch) pie shell
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter

Toss the apples, 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Place in frozen pie shell. Mix the flour, 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until crumbly. (I used a pastry blender and it made this so easy!) Cut 2 tablespoons of butterinto pats and place on top of the crumbly mixture. place in a 1-gallon freezer bag. Freeze until ready to bake. Remove from freezer bag. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes longer. Yeild 6 servings.
Ssome pictures of the frozen and cooked pie are on the top of this post. Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: