Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tasty Thursday-Hottie Chocolate Cupcakes

Guess What? My cable company got the Food Network and you all know me, I am in Heaven! Well, they did take off one of my favorite channels, ABC Family, but I like having the Food Network again. I used to have Dish Network and they had it on there, it just got a little pricey and I missed my local networks. I have thought about switching to Direct TV, because a show I like, Passions, is moving there, but Direct TV will not let me get any networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS) so I guess that is not an option either. We made these with my husband's chili last night and I thought this recipe would be so different and maybe not even any good because it had the jalapenos in them, but they were really good and went well with the chili. I love experimenting with box cake recipes. Hope you enjoy! Oh and before I forget, I have a post with all of my favorite Fall Recipes if you want to check it out!

Hottie Chocolate Cupcakes (Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee)
~
12 tablespoons creamy triple-chocolate chip fudge frosting
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 box moist dark chocolate cake mix
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
3 tablespoons water Nonstick cooking spray
Cocoa powder, for dusting Vanilla ice cream, to serve
~
Wet your hands with cold water. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of frosting and form it into a ball with your hands. Place ball on a cookie sheet and continue until you have 12 balls. Place frosting balls in freezer for 2 hours to allow balls to firm up.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add the cake mix, egg, cinnamon extract, cinnamon, jalapeno and water and beat on low speed for 30 seconds until combined. Scrape down the bowl and beaters with a rubber spatula. Beat an additional 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the bowl occasionally. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cups of Texas-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Drop 2 tablespoons of batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and place the frosting balls into sunken cupcakes. Top with an additional 2 tablespoons of batter. Smooth the batter to cover the frosting balls. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Cool cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen the sides of the cakes and invert the pan onto a cutting board. Place the cakes right side up on individual plates, dust with cocoa powder, and serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
~
Trista over at The Pumkin Patch is the host of Tasty Thursday, head on over to her blog to see more tasty recipes.

6 comments:

Monique said...

Wow those sound yummy, TFS!

Dawn said...

I want DirecTV SO badly!!! Kevin still says now. We cancelled our cable when I quit to become a SAHM and he STILL worries about adding in unnecessary bills. With my being on bedrest though I question the "unnecessary" part of that statement! LOL I hope, hope, hope, hope, hope I can convince him before too long! Bummer that you can't get the locals with them, we should be able to, if not when we finally get it, we'll just shut off the dish and use antennae for regular tv.

Lorie said...

Dawn-Where I live, you get nothing, even with an antennae so if we want ANY tv we got to have something extra, oh I forgot my cable got raised $1.00 because of the addition of the food network. BlaBlaBla on that.

Renee said...

I love Food Network too! This recipe sounds great!! My husband love spicy food. Thanks for sharing. I'll be back to check out your fall recipe post! Happy Thursday!

Stacey said...

Oooooh those sound so good!

Anonymous said...

These look good. Thanks forsharing!


MJ

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: