Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, August 17, 2007

Book Review- When the Heart Cries


When the Heart Cries is by a new author, Cindy Smallwood. She write a lot like Beverly Lewis and Wanda Brunstetter who also write about the Amish. When the Heart Cries is to be a series. First off I want to say that this book was very well written, kept the readers interest and really showed a view of the Amish. That being said I hated how the main character, Hannah was treated in this book. I just hope that the rest in the series will be better for her. Hannah is a daughter in an old order Amish family. She has been working for a Mennonite neighbor and has fallen in love with her neighbors grandson. On his last day at his grandmothers for the summer, he asked Hannah to marry him. Hannah agrees, but they decide to wait until he gets out of school and is able to work for Hannah's father and win his approval. Hannah will not be shunned because she has not joined the church. However, on her way home after getting engaged, she is stopped by a vechile and raped. She runs home but her parents treat her like she has sinned and that nobody in the community will want her. The treatment of Hannah by the community is just so in just! Hannah has some other problems including getting pregnant from the rape and everyone else believing she got pregnant other ways and her brother and her best friend are in an accident. What will she do since her heart is crying so badly! I am awaiting the next book because I really want to see how Hannah goes on.

3 comments:

Angi said...

Sounds good, I'm going to see if the library has a copy. Thanks for the review!

Angi said...

Please stop by my blog when you get a moment, I nominated you for an award, really enjoy your blog!

Anonymous said...

I finished this book at about 1 A.M.. I couldn't put it down and I highly recommend it. I went to see about getting the next one and it doesn't come out until Sept. 4th!! UGH!!!

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: