Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday-First Day of School


Today's topic is first day of school memories, since Annie's kids started school today. Nicholas, my 7 year old started 2nd grade last Thursday. So, I guess I will start off with my first day of school. I did not go to kindergarten, my first day was 1st grade. I only have a few memories of first grade. My mom has a picture that she always showed me of my first day of school. I have begged her to find it for me, I wanted to show my kids on their first day of school, but unfortunately, my mom can not find it. I guess I have always remembered my first day because of that picture outside of our house with my yellow back pack. I remember riding the school bus. I remember that my class was in a trailer because the school did not have enough room for all the students, we got a new school a couple of years later. The only other thing I remember about the first day is my new teacher, Mrs. Miller, telling me I was writing with the wrong hand. I am still left handed to this day though. When my now 7 year old started his first day of kindergarten, it was not really hard on me because he had been going to daycare and I worked then (it will be harder for me with my other children because I have stayed at home with them.) I made sure I got a new picture of him outside our home with his back pack, just like I had done. My dh then took him to school and he told me that he went in with him. That's about all that I remember about his first day.
For more great first day of school stories go visit My Life as Annie.

6 comments:

Nancy Face said...

That's so sad that your teacher said you were writing with the wrong hand! That must have been hard for you to understand. :(

I bet that 1st day picture of you is so cute! Thanks for sharing! :)

Annie said...

The wrong hand? sheesh!
Thanks for sharing your story. I hope your mom can find that picture for you to have.

KC said...

I bet that 1st day of school picture of you is just so cute.
My mom had the 1st day of school picture of me also that I wanted to share with everyone today on my blog, but my mom couldn't get it to me just yet. :( if she does end up sending it to me before the end of the day I will get it put into my post.
My 7 year old will be going into the 2nd grade this year also, They don't start till the 28th.

ohAmanda said...

I love my picture of me on my first day, too! So sweet that you took one of your son the same way!

(I think my 19month old is a leftie!)

Renee said...

I bet your first day of school pictures are adorable. I have my first day of school pictures here somewhere (LOL) and I hope to post them when I can find them. Thanks for sharing your memories!

heidi @ ggip said...

I write with my left hand too. However, the school didn't have any of the know how or tools for me to do about anything else with my left hand. So I use scissors, play sports, etc with my right hand.

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: