Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, August 6, 2007

Monthly Shopping

I did monthly shopping today. I went to Walmart and to a place called Sav-a-lot. My mil watched my kids and I did monthly shopping. While I was at Walmart, all the registers quit working. It was wild because school starts tomorrow in that county, my son starts on Thursday. Anyways, back to my monthly shopping. I will only have to buy milk, fruits and bread. It is all done and it really helps that I have a deep freezer. I do some freezer cooking, usually just to make an extra casserole as I make one for dinner. I have really considered doing OAMC. I do not know after today though? It was 98 degrees out and I was sweating as I got all the groceries in my car. My dh unloaded and I put up. I was drenched when I got done. My legs and my head hurt so bad and I felt like I was going to pass out. I took a cold shower and feel much better now, but I have several casseroles that I am going to make and freeze tomorrow. Is that how OAMC people do it. They cook the next day because I really do not think I could do anything else after all that shopping, loading, unloading and putting up! LOL. I am going to sleep really well tonight!

9 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

School starts tomorrow? Really!! My goodness.

Sounds like a lot of work. Do you shop once a month because of the distance to the stores, or in general to save time?

Lorie said...

It does save time! and yes the discount store is farther away and going to the store with 4, three 2 and under is not a lot of fun!

Bethany said...

Lorie, I always do my OAMC in 3 days. This way it is not so overwhelming. The shopping the first day....Then I rest. Then, the next day, I start the prep work, getting the veggies chopped and the meat cooked. The next day is the day I put all the food together! :) I hope this helps you!

Bethany said...

Oops, that was me. Bethany from Precious Infants... http://bethany.preciousinfants.com

Michelle said...

Shopping in hot weather is not fun! Glad your MIL helped out with the kids, that sounds like a huge help! I just recently froze one meal and it was nice to pull out on Sunday because I didn't want to make anything. I like your idea of shopping once a month. I don't have a deep freezer but I could do that for general stuff like flour and what not. Good idea!

What does OAMC stand for?

Lorie said...

Sorry Michelle it stands for Once a Month Cooking

Michelle said...

Ah! I figured out the first part but not the C. lol Thanks Lorie!

Renee said...

Sounds like you had a full day. I've been trialing freezer cooking in mini sessions once a week. We make one dish x 2 or 3 (one for dinner that night; one to two for freezer) and rotating the mini session dishes we make weekly. It's a slow build up of freezer meals but works for us. I don't think I'm ready yet to do a whole OAMC session.

Hope you have a good rest of the week!

'ROCKIN GRANDMA' said...

Lorie glad you have someone to watch the children shopping and children are hard.I shop every two weeks .Would love to do once a month.I would rest a day then do prep and then cook.I use to do it when I was younger now we do it when we have extra.It does save time and money.Hugs,Linda

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: