Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Anne of Green Gables Book Review


Well, since I have been participating in the Spring Reading Thing, I have finished one book. I have been working on my goal of five books. (See my goals) Well, I went to the library last week and checked out all the rest of the Anne of Green Gables Series. So, I will have to add those, but I probably will not get them all done and the library is missing the last two in the series anyways. So, as you can tell, I loved this book. I remember as a kid watching the movies and loving them! I never knew there were books about them. So, after reading on Kimberly's blog that she had read them all, I thought I would try them. I never really started reading until I was a teen and I have always loved series books! They keep my interest and make me want more. But, anyways, back to the book. L.M. Mongomery writes in a way that you can really see what is going on and I love that. I have never been to Canada but if it is that beautiful, I would love to go visit and I got a friend who lives there that I would love to visit. :) (Kate) The book is about an older couple who are brother and sister and they want to adopt a boy to help the older man in the fields. They send someone else to go pick up the boy and when they go to pick him up from the train station they notice a "terrible" mistake has happened, instead of a boy it is a girl. After a long decision they decide to keep the girl and raise her. Anne is a very spirited child who has a very hard time holding her tougue and she has a wonderful imagination. Both of which get her in trouble a lot! The rest of the book is about them raising Anne and the "many" adventures she goes through! It is a very good read and I would highly recommend it. You will find it in the younger readers section. Even if it was a younger reader book, I still loved it!
I have waited a month for the next book in the Hannah Swensen Mystery series and I got it last week and it has a waiting list so I have to read it next, eventhough I would love to go on in this series. So, when I finish Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke, I will be back with another review.

2 comments:

Kate said...

awww . . . I'm blushing! *HUGS*

raidergirl3 said...

I saw that you wrote a review at the Spring Reading Thing, so I had to come and see, hoping that you liked it. Yeah!! AoGG (and the series) is one of my favorite books. Keep looking, because I like Rilla of Ingleside the best.

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: