Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, January 20, 2007

SMART Habit Saturday-10 minute toy pickup


I did really good last week making my bed. I had one day that my ds came in our room at night and peed in my bed so it got done late, but it got done. So, I think this week after the kids have been put to bed I am going to take 10 minutes and pick up all of the toys in the livingroom. Acctually it is the playroom. I think that doing it 10 minutes will be so much easier than waiting at the end of the week and it taking a whole lot more time. So, that is what I am going to work on this week. I did reorganize toys about two weeks ago and got rid of a lot of stuff! So, that has also made it easier to deal with.
Head over to The Lazy Organizer to join in SMART Habit Saturday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job making your bed every day! It's amazing what a made bed can do for your outlook on the day, huh? I will make that a goal for myself soon! Good luck with your new goal. It is so much easier, for me atleast, to pick up after the kids go down. I do have my daughter pick up before bed, but it is not a habit for her yet! Well, have a great week! :)

Jen said...

Glad you did well with your bed making habit! I did mine too and it really feels good to have it done.

Good luck with your new habit of the toy clean up. My only suggestion to you is to get the kids involved before they go to bed. I know it is SOOOOO much easier to just do it for them after they are in bed, but then they will never learn those important skills themselves. Trust me, I'm no expert in this area. I'm constantly reminding my kids to pick up their stuff (they are 5 and almost 7) and yes, sometimes I do it for them. I just wanted to offer some food for thought.

Have a great week!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Every night I put my house to bed -clean up toys, do dishes, etc. It just makes it that much easier to face the next morning!

Good luck this week and I echo Jen's sentiment, try and get the kids involved. I am not always faithful about this, it is so much easier just to do it yourself, but you are teaching them valuable skills.

Have a splendid week!

Rachel said...

That's great that you were able to make your bed every day! You are getting so much done especially considering the stage of pregnancy you are at! I'm impressed. Good luck with your toys.

Lara said...

Congratulations getting your toys organized and making your bed!

Have a great week!

Kristi said...

Good for you on getting your bed made every day! For me it is kind of like the shiny sink thing- it just makes everything feel cleaner!

Great goal for this week.

Kara said...

Good job making your bed! Great new goal, it's nice to wake up to a cleaner home.

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: