Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Smart Habit Saturday


Here is Lara's (The Lazy Organizer) explanation of what Smart Habit Saturday is all about:

SMART Habit Saturday is all about making one small change in your life at a time. Pick one daily habit that you want to start, post about it (please link back to The Lazy Organizer) and then leave a link here so that we can all check up on your progress and give encouragement! Next week you can post an update and a new SMART Habit if you want or just keep working on this week’s habit for 21 days. Don’t forget it takes 21 days to make a new habit so you’re not off the hook at the end of one week. You have to keep working on it!


Well, I decided to join in this after reading Kara's (A Bit of Me) neat things she was doing. I think I have only missed one week so that is not too bad. First off, I am not going to be making any big, hard goals right now. As some of you know, I am 34 weeks pregnant and my doctor does not plan on me going any farther than 36-37 weeks and right now I am having blood pressure issues and could have to go to the hospital next week. So, I am going to start really small!

First, I want to tell you why I picked this goal. Last week my dh helped me clean our room. We are going to start our nursery in there because we really have no where else to put the baby. I have a 7 year old and 2 year old twins occuping my other rooms. Anyways we got 6 garbage bags out of the room, two large boxes to give away, and 3 laundry baskets of clothes to go through. It took us a whole day cleaning in there and I worked part of another day just on the clothes. It had actually became my junk room! No joke! It looks so nice in there now! :) I can see my floor, bed, and nightstand table! And I really do not want to spend that much time in there again. So, I am going to start off small and make my bed everyday. I used to do this and it made me feel so good everyday! But after it became the junk room, I just left it there. I have also heard that a clean bedroom will help you sleep better. Well, that might not happen right now, as I am having lots of problems sleeping with this over 5 lb baby inside me, but I really think it will in the future and with this being my starter nursery, I really got to keep it cleaned and organized or I will go crazy! So, that is the goal I am going to work on for this week.

Also, I did this kind of thing with another group I was in, although they set the goals for you (I like this better!), and they had a great idea that helped me and I think I am going to try it again. It kind of helps you see getting the job done! I have a calendar on my fridge and when I finish the new habit each day, I am going to put a star sticker on there. As I add new habits, I just change the color of the star as I put them on there. I know this may sound kind of childish, but it really helped me last time so I am going to try it again!

Here is my bed and yes I made it today!!!



Check out The Lazy Organizer to learn more about SMART Habit Saturday and join in the fun!

13 comments:

Jen said...

I like your choice of habit--that is mine for this week too! Good luck with it and getting your nursery ready.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Glad to have you on board! It sounds like you got a HUGE job accomplished last week when you cleaned your room. I am proud of your DH for helping, too :) !!

Good luck on making your bed this week. It is good to start small and feel like you are doing well. I hope you sleep better, too.

Love your sticker idea. It doesn't sound childish. I know plenty of adults, including myself, who have a sticker fettish. And if it motivates and inspires us, more power to us :) !!

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Michelle said...

That's awesome you and your husband were able to clean your bedroom. You have a beautiful bed Lorie! Good luck with your goal. You can do it!

Lorie said...

We really did not have a choice ducky! He had the time off and we got to finish the nursery! My mil is bringing my bassinet (sp) tommorrow!:)

Beth said...

Oooh, what a gorgeous bed! I love having my bed made, too. Most of the time I do it ... sometimes not, though. When I don't make it, it's usually when the rest of the room is a mess -- so I can see where you're coming from on this one! Good luck on keeping it tidy and good luck on the last weeks of pregnancy!!

Kara said...

That's a great goal! Having the bed made always makes the whole room look cleaner and more restful. I think I'm going to go make my bed right now :D

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your new goal! I did that as one of my first goals, too! It looks so much nicer to have it made. Plus, if someone happens to see it, it looks nice in there. Good luck with your labor and all of that as well.

Anonymous said...

Well, first let me say, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I think it is great to make a small goal right now! Actually, any time you make a small goal it seems much easier to accomplish! Your bed is beautiful! When I do make my bed in the morning it seems so much better to get into at night and definitely better to look at during the day! Kuddos to your hubby for helping you clean up the bedroom! :) My bedroom seems to be one of the first rooms (that and the playroom) to become the "junk" room. I have a bad habit of piling up the clean clothes on the chair and the dirty clothes on the floor! And, I love to use stickers...they really are motivating! Well, good luck with your habit!

Peculiar Blogs said...

Your bed looks so pretty made! Good luck getting it done all week! You did great with your room.

I am 35 weeks pregnant this week, so I am right there with you! Can't wait to hear about your little one's arrival!

Have a great week!

Kristi said...

I love the sticker idea! I think it is ok to reward ourselves as adults, if that helps us get motivated and accomplish something.

By the way you have a beautiful bed!!

Rachel said...

I finally started doing this. I was never a bed maker. Good luck!

Michelle said...

I was trying to be supportive, sorry if it didn't come across that way. I think you've made a great goal.

Lara said...

Thanks for joining us! It's so fun to read all about the small but huge changes everyone is making in their lives.

You picked a great goal to start with and congratulations on your new relaxing bedroom! My bedroom is just about the only room that stays clean since I can shut the whirlwind of kids out of it.

See you on Saturday. Don't wear yourself out working too hard!

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: