Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WFMW Freezer Apple Pies






This is the first WFMW that I have been in. I love all of your ideas and thought I would add one of my own.
I got 2 bushels of apples given to me at Christmas. The first thing that came to my mind was a recipe that a friend gave me several years back called Freezer Apple Pie. She would make a whole bunch at the holidays and give them away as gifts or use when she had to bring something to holiday parties because it was quick and easy! Well, I made 12 pies at Christmas and it really was EASY! I have had pies to pull out reall quickly when I needed something for a potluck at church and even gave a few away for the Holidays!

Freezer Apple Pie

4 cups sliced apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 (9 inch) pie shell
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter

Toss the apples, 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Place in frozen pie shell. Mix the flour, 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until crumbly. (I used a pastry blender and it made this so easy!) Cut 2 tablespoons of butterinto pats and place on top of the crumbly mixture. place in a 1-gallon freezer bag. Freeze until ready to bake. Remove from freezer bag. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes longer. Yeild 6 servings.
Some pictures of the frozen and cooked pie are on the top of this post. Hope you all enjoy!

For more tips visit Rocks In My Dryer !

9 comments:

The Bass Player's Wife said...

Yummy! I think I will whip up a batch this weekend. Nothing better than homemade pie to take to a covered dish.

Lines From The Vine said...

Those look wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing...I'll be looking forward to apple season again!

Tracy

M said...

Welcome Lori,

Great tip!

Peculiar Blogs said...

That looks great! I can't wait to try it!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you decided to join in. Oh, those look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

Oh I love apple pie!!
Thanks so much for coming by my site today, I really appreciate it!

Laura

nwscrapmom said...

Those look (and sound) delicious. I'm going to print it out and put it in my files for summer. Our apple trees usually produce so many apples we don't know what to do with them. I guess I hadn't thought about freezing pies like this. Super idea ~ thanks!

'ROCKIN GRANDMA' said...

I snaged yor pie recipe Thank you.I usually cook them all the way and freeze want to try this one.Hugs,Linda

gail@more than a song said...

I came by to check out your Monday menu and saw this post...what a great idea! And looks good, thanks for sharing the recipe!

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: