Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tasty Thursday-Broccoli Raisin Salad

Today Tasty Thursday is all about sides. This is one of my favorite sides and I love it in the summer.

Broccoli Raisin Salad
~
1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup raisins
1 med onion, sliced
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1/4 cup mayonnaise-type salad dressing
10 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
~
Combine the broccoli, raisins, and onion in a bowl and toss to mix. Mix the sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise-type salad dressing in a bowl. Pour over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours. Stir in the bacon just before serving.
Yields 8 servings
Note: for variety try adding nuts, dried cranberries, orange slices, celery, mandarin oranges, strawberries, grapes, or water chestnuts.)
~
Trista over at The Pumkin Patch is the host of Tasty Thursday, head on over to her blog to see more tasty side recipes.
~
My other Tasty Thursday Recipes

8 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

I love that salad!

Jodi said...

I'm not a fan of broccoli, but this sounds yummy.

Have a great Thursday!

tegdirb92 said...

ooh, this sounds really good!! Have a wonderful Thursday!

Jennifer said...

I love broccoli and I love raisins, but I just don't think I could do them together! Like carrot-rasin salad - yuck! But, if I were to leave the raisins out, I think everything else sounds quite yummy!

MonkeyKisses - Liz said...

That sounds great!!! i love those kinds of salads.. i may make it and eat it all myself..

Renee's Ramblings said...

Reading all these wonderful recipes is making me very hungry! This sounds great!

'ROCKIN GRANDMA' said...

I snagged some Lorie.Hugs,Linda

Anonymous said...

tibia money tibia gold tibia item runescape money runescape gold tibia money tibia gold runescape gold runescape accounts tibia gold tibia money runescape money runescape gp buy runescape gold tibia gold tibia item buy runescape money runescape gold runescape items tibia money tibia gold

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: