Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lorie's To-Do

~Saturday Edition~
~
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well! Let's see, let me tell you about yesterday. I took Neil back to the doctor. Neil's doctor was not there but he has a nurse practitioner there that you can see. Now, she is new fresh out of college, but this is my second BAD experience with her. The first time was with me. First of all she took forever and then she left me in the room for about 30 minutes and my dh who was in the car said he saw her go to the post office across the street during that time. Well anyways, she came back out and gave me some prescriptions and said, "I called a nurse practitioner friend of mine and this is what she thinks you need." Now, would that make you wonder. So, anyways, I asked the nurse when I called for the appointment, "does she know anything about formula?" The nurse told me she would call the doctor. So, I went. Well, she called the doctor, but I still had lots of questions. She finally just told me that I would have to come back when the doctor was there and ask him my questions. She told me that his diarrhea was a side effect of the acid reflux? What? I am one of these people that when I get hurt I cry inside and wait to say something until I think about it for a while. BTW, the doctor told her to tell me it was acid reflux and to give him some meds and keep him on the same formula. Well, I did not like that answer and really did not think it was right, so after coming home and fuming to my dh, I called the other office. The other office is in the next county and they have another pediatrician. They had no appointments that afternoon, which is unusual because they are usually booked. So, I took him over there. She was wonderful! I knew a lot about acid reflux because the twins had it. She supported me and my decisions about formula and she really looked at my baby. We are going to go do an upper GI test on Neil on Monday. She really does not think that she will find anything, but she just wants to be safe! Hopefully nothing is wrong with him, but if it is at least we can find his problem. I personally thought it was acid reflux a long time ago, but my doctor thought he was okay in that department. So, anyways, I guess I wait for Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Here is my plan for today.
~
What I am doing:
  • Dishes/kitchen pick-up
  • Pictures
  • Hair cuts
  • Library
  • Layout clothes for church
  • Get my SHS post done
  • Study my ss and rs lessons some more

What we are eating:

  • Breakfast- Pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, juice
    Lunch- Homemade Pizza
    Dinner- Pasta Alfredo, toast, salad

What I am watching:

  • Well really I do not have anything I watch on Saturday nights, but we might find something at the library today? So, who knows?

What I am reading:

Have A GREAT Day!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I really enjoy reading your daily to-do posts! :) I'm so glad the other nurse was so helpful and pray that nothing is wrong with Neil! :)

Kara said...

Sorry that np was horrible, but yay for the other one who helped you!

Michelle said...

I'm appalled by that nurse. Leaving during your appt??? I hope you told the office that and complained. Seriously, I would be incredibly upset.

I hope the other ped figures out what to do for Neil and hopefully it's an easy fix. Good luck!

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: