Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, May 4, 2007

Family Fridays- Plastic Cup Bubble Machine


I am always looking for great ideas for my children to have fun! So, when I saw this idea on Jenn's blog, I knew I had to try it with my kids. They loved it! And it kept them busy for a long time. Better yet, it was super easy to make and the only thing I did not have was the plastic cup so it was also a pretty cheap activity. Jenn got this idea from her cousin (Go to Jenn's blog or her her cousin's blog to see great pictures of this machine!) If I would have known about Family Friday's when we made them, I would have taken pictures. :( Here are the directions:
~
Paper/Plastic Cup Bubble Machine
~
Items needed: Dish soap, water bottle, straw, rubber band, cloth(old t-shirt), paper/plastic cup
~
First, you will punch a hole in the cup with a hole puncher for the straw to fit in, make sure the straw will fit snugly so air doesn't get out. I thought the plastic cup worked good! Jenn's cousin said the paper cups got soggy after a while, so I did not even try that. Cut cloth or t-shirt into a square and cover the top of the cup, put the rubber band around to hold it on. Then, put the straw in the hole. Spray the cloth with the water bottle, then put a small amount of dish soap on and spread it around with your finger so it covers the cloth. You DON'T need a lot of soap, the key to this is the water. Once you have the soap on, spray it again with the water. BLOW, and see if it works, if it doesn't work, you probably need more water. After blowing bubbles for awhile, it will not work as well, and all you need to do is keep spraying it with the water and it should continue to work. You might occasionally need to add a little bit of soap after awhile. Enjoy!
~
For more Family Fridays ideas go to Monkey Kisses.
~
My other Family Friday Post
Tin Can Ice Cream

1 comment:

Monkey Kisses said...

hmmmmmm will have to brave up and try it!!!! bubble adventures!!! :-)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Header Design By: